Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On the Merry-Go-Round


Boy am I glad to see Spring Break! We have had lots of family in town over the past few weeks. It is so great to get to see everyone. The next few weeks will be a juggling act. I don't see how parents with 3-4 kids manage to get their children where they are supposed to be! With just a 3 and 4 year old, we are already having to divide and conquer. We have dance and soccer at the same times. I just imagine that the next 12 years will probably be just like this! 

A little side story......
On Thursday or Friday one, I can't remember....Addi and I went to Wal-Mart to buy her footie jammies. They didn't have those, so we got an outfit instead. As we were leaving Wal-Mart, there was an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair (he was an amputee). He was pushing a cart full of stuff and looked to be having a real tough time. So I asked him if I could help him get it to his car. He hesitated and then said yes. I told him just to lead the way and I had to explain to Addi that we were going to help him out. She was super patient while we were taking everything to his car and while I was loading it up. When we were done, the man handed Addi some money rolled up. I promptly handed it back to him and told him we were grateful to help him and money was not necessary. He asked me to please let her keep the money because that brought him joy. I was so heartbroken for him.....tons of people had watched as he struggled to get the cart all the way up to the door. It makes me sad that the employees didn't offer any help. Once Addi and I got in the car, she was asking me why we helped him. I tried to explain to her that it was important that you offered to help to people in need when you noticed things like that. As I was telling her this, I couldn't help but wonder if I should have told her that. What would I do if she offers to help someone one day that is trying to take advantage of her or harm her? This parenting thing is SO complicated. You want to raise children with a good heart that are willing to serve others.....but the world is a cruel place. I just hope my girls learn to enjoy doing things for others and can experience the joy that brings to them. 

Back to the doctor again....
I went back in today for another round of blood work. I have been on the medication for my thyroid for one month now. They are looking to make sure I am on the right dosage. My iron level has dropped again from 18 to 9. So these seems to be a bit perplexing. Hopefully, the labs will come back tomorrow with a big improvement. This quest for baby #3 is proving to be an adventure! One day....

My lab results came back today. They are doubling my thyroid meds and I have to see another doctor about my iron levels. My iron level has dropped yet again. I guess I am in for a lot more poking and prodding before this fun will end. 

Sewing Land

I just spoke with a friend online and she told me to check out Smart Needle for my thread. I went and was really surprised to see the deals they have available. She had great things to say about hers. I really liked how each color comes with a matching spool of bobbin thread that clips neatly onto the bottom of the spool. Did I mention that I NEVER change my bobbin thread?....you never see it, so who cares! It seems like a great idea though! I like how it has the special tip so the thread doesn't get caught on it. That is one of my current peeves with the thread I use now. I ordered 3 spools to try out. They have a deal with 50 spools (1,100 yds) each for $109. That is an amazing deal if my machine likes it. My hubby informed me to try it out before ordering 50 spools! It's a good thing I have a rational side in this house! 

Have you ever had this happen before? 


I have somehow managed to bust 2 bobbins completely apart in the last week! I have never had this happen before now. I had to retire one a day or two before this because it had started coming lose on one side and it wouldn't fit correctly into the bobbin casing on my machine. I would've never thought to check this. I was wondering why I kept having bobbin issues. I only wished I had figured it out before my machine started eating things! 

I am completely addicted to this spray adhesive now. 

 It makes little people clothes almost tolerable! Some stuff is next to impossible to get onto the hoop. It gets so frustrating pulling and tugging to get stuff on there. With this spray you just hoop your stabilizer like normal. Then coat the stabilizer with this spray and stick whatever you want to sew onto it. It will stay until you pull it back off. I often use a pin to mark the middle of my garment to help me center it. This will make your life soooo much easier! 

I did manage to get some cute stuff out this week. 

This is a mom and daughter(s) matching set. They turned out great! I sure hope they enjoy them! 


This is the first time I have had someone order this brown paisley. I love it! I wouldn't use the green font on it again, but I love it with this azalea pink shirt. I think if I had of matched the blue in this it would have been just perfect. 


This little dress (a Zulily find from my sis-in-law) turned out adorable with this sweet monogram. Side Note: If you haven't checkout out Zulily, you should! They have great deals that change daily and I absolutely love them! I have already knocked out some Christmas shopping on there and snagged some cute clothes for myself. 

I found this cute outfit somewhere on Facebook. Every time I see something I love, it is always attached to some contest. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any. So with that said, I best just try to recreate this sweet little thing myself! I am posting this so I can be held accountable! My girls need this....and I can totally make this! 



This my be my most A.D.D. post yet. Sorry about that! I just have a lot to yap about. My sweet  baby girl, Addi, has a 5th birthday coming up in exactly one month. So you better believe, you will be hearing more from me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment